|✔ Price £||✅ View current price £|
|✔ Volume||1.5 Litres|
|✔ Colour||Gloss Black|
|✔ 360 Degree Base||Yes|
|✔ Automatic Shut Off||No|
|✔ Boil Dry Protection||No|
|✔ Heating Element||Concealed|
The Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup is Breville's first generation hot water dispenser. It features a patented piece of technology that ensures the water is only released once it has reached boiling point.
This Breville Hot Cup kettle has been designed to be fast boiling to reduce your waiting time. It dispenses water smoothly to keep splashing to a minimum and also features a drip tray to prevent spilling and to ease the clean up process.
Breville is an Australian manufacturer of kitchen appliances. They have been going since 1932 and are popular in the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. You may recall that Breville made the original sandwich toaster.
We will now begin our Breville Hot Cup review.
Here is a quick overview of the water dispenser:
The Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup water dispenser also features:
1. Fast Boil. The water dispenser boils the minimum amount of water necessary to both reduce boiling time and save energy. It is particularly fast boiling meaning you will not have long to wait. It will dispense one cup (250 millilitres) of boiling water (100 degrees Celsius) each time. Without refilling, it can dispense up to 5 cups of water.
2. Drip Tray. Near the base of the dispenser is a drip tray. If water spills over the side of the cup or drips down the cup then the tray will catch as much water as it can. It is removable so that it can be emptied easily. It is also dishwasher friendly.
3. Tank and Window. The tank is easy to fill and holds a maximum of 1.5 litres of water. It has an extra large window so that you can maximise your view of the inside and tell whether it needs to be refilled or cleaned. When in use the tank will light up with a blue glow. The handle is part of the tank.
4. Concealed Heating Element. The Breville VKJ142 has a hidden heating element. This has the advantage of making the inside of the tank easier to clean as well as reducing the amount of limescale present.
5. Flip Top Lid. The water dispenser features a flip top lid. This is particularly convenient as you only need to press a button to open it rather than take off the lid each time. It also keeps the components together so that they do not get misplaced.
The Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup is durable. Breville have manufactured this model of water dispenser since at least 2008 and some people are reporting that theirs is still working, even with frequent office use.
Maintenance is easy. Cleaning the inside of the water dispenser is no problem at all. Since the lid opening is large and the heating element is concealed, there is no need to fiddle around cleaning it. The exterior is mostly made of plastic so it can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth. Since the water dispenser has very few nooks and crannies it is easy to keep it clean.
The VKJ142 has a reflective base which holds the main body of the water dispenser and the drip tray. The body is shiny black and nicely curved. The flip top lid button is white and blue. The tank is made of plastic and lights up blue when the water dispenser is switched on. As a whole, the water dispenser is compact meaning that it will take up minimal worktop space.
Overall the Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup water dispenser is a great item. It is simply much more convenient than a kettle because it is easier to use and reduces your waiting time. It is made by the reliable company Breville, it is easy to clean and it is aesthetically pleasing. I would recommend this product for all tea and coffee lovers out there.
View all customer reviews, or buy from amazon.co.uk: