The Morphy Richards Vetro Kettle is a large capacity glass jug kettle with a stainless steel top and bottom, and a black plastic handle. Its most notable feature is the large glass water window allowing you to see the water boiling. When boiling, the water illuminates a brilliant blue. The water window has a secondary textured layer for added effect.
View full product specification.
The Vetro Kettle is rather tall and slim. Its design is modern so it will suit most kitchens out there. Features are plentiful. They include a limescale filter, a rapid boil heating element, an easy to read water gauge, a perfect pour spout and more.
About Morphy Richards
Around since the 1930s, Morphy Richards are a well known and trustworthy brand of small kitchen appliances. They sell mostly in the UK and Australia. You will also find the brand on toasters, coffee makers, slow cookers, microwaves and more.
The features are as follows:
- Capacity - 1.5 Litres. Makes about 6 drinks at a time. Perfect for large families, gatherings or the office.
- Dimensions - 21.5cm x 21.5cm x 29.0cm.
- Rapid Boil - The 3kW heating element causes the kettle to rapidly boil water. It can boil small amounts of water also, so waiting time is reduced, as well as your electricity bill.
- Limescale Filter - The kettles is equipped with a removable and washable limescale filter. Its primary purpose is to prevent the gritty limescale from entering your cup, but it also makes the water look and taste better.
- Easy To See Water Gauge - Overlaid on the water window is a water gauge denoting the water level for 2 cups, 4 cups and the 1.5 litre maximum.
- Perfect Pour Spout - The "perfect pour spout" has been designed to minimise excess dripping and spilling, therefore keeping your work surfaces dry.
- 360 Degree Base - The kettle comes with a 360 degree base. Simply sit the kettle on the base and turn on the switch on the kettle. The 360 degree base makes it easy to lift the kettle and place it back down. It's also particularly useful if it's regularly used by people with different dominant hands.
- Boil Dry Protection - The kettle will switch itself off if it ever finds itself in the situation where the water has boiled away.
There's a short but informative video on amazon.co.uk, showing the kettle and its features.
In summary, the Morphy Richards Vetro Kettle holds its own. Its sleek and slender design and textured outer layer really bring the design together. We particularly like the large glass illuminating water window purely for the aesthetic it gives when the kettle's boiling. In terms of features, the kettle has what you would expect from a modern electric kettle. We rate this kettle 4.5 out of 5 stars.
View all customer reviews, check current price, or buy from amazon.co.uk: