The Russell Hobbs 20445 Westminster Kettle is the result of functionality blended with style. Not only does it have the usual convenient features such as rapid boil technology, a perfect pour spout and energy efficiency, it also boasts a solid design.
View full product specification.
In terms of design, the body of the kettle is compact, with a stainless steel spout, a partly stainless steel lid, and a black plastic handle. The exterior of the kettle is available in two colours - red and cream. Red is pictured above, cream is as below:
About Russell Hobbs
The 20445 Westminster Kettle is designed by Russell Hobbs, who have been in the electric kitchenware industry since the 1950s. Their reputation is strong, and they've proved themselves trustworthy and reliable.
Some of the features are as follows:
- Capacity - 1.7 Litres / 6-7 cups.
- Dimensions - 21.4cm x 23.2cm x 23.6cm.
- Fast Boiling - As a fast boil kettle, the Westminster can boil 1 cup (235ml) in around 45 seconds. Handy if you're itching for a quick cup of tea or coffee before work or an appointment.
- Lid Flip Button - The lid is controlled by a push button on top of the handle. It's placed in the perfect position, so that if you're holding the handle, your thumb can press the button. An extremely convenient feature.
- Illuminating On/Off Switch - The on/off switch illuminates when the kettle is boiling.
- Water Filter - There's a spout water filter which reduces limescale and other unwanted particles in the water from entering your drink. It not only makes your drink less gritty, but it also improves the colour and taste. A must have in England. The water filter is removable, washable and reusable.
- Up to 70% Energy Saving - The kettle has an up to 70% energy saving when compared to some regular kettles.
- Perfect Pour Spout - The kettle is designed to produce the "perfect pour", that is, to reduce splashing and spilling when pouring. It achieves this by streamlining the water into a steady flow.
- Water Gauge - The side of the kettle has a water gauge, so that you can fill the kettle with the exact amount of water required. This helps save energy, and therefore money.
To summarise, the Russell Hobbs 20445 Westminster Kettle is, in our view, an excellent kettle. The large number of practical elements, as listed above, together with the compact design and sleek finish, make the Westminster Kettle a solid choice. We particularly like the energy efficiency measures, especially the up to 70% energy saving. Therefore, this kettle is perfect if you're conscious of energy usage.
View all customer reviews, check current price, or buy from amazon.co.uk: