The Tower Colour Changing Kettle is a modern electric kettle with a large water window and which changes its illumination colour depending on the temperature. Its default colour is blue, but it changes to red during boiling and then reverts back to blue when the boiling process has ended. The design itself is modern - the body is sleek and the large water window significantly adds to the style.
View full product specification.
Feature wise the Tower Colour Changing Kettle has what is to be expected from modern kettles. It has a large 1.7 litre capacity, a removable water filter, a concealed heating element, a water gauge and more. It also has non-slip rubber feet to reduce unwanted movement. So it's fairly strong in the practicality department.
The Tower brand is a well known brand of kettles and other small kitchen appliances. It has been around for over 100 years, with a continuing strong reputation. The brand is also seen on toasters, microwaves, pressure cookers, saucepan sets, and much more.
Features include the following:
- Capacity - 1.7 Litres, which is about 7 cups.
- Dimensions - 16.5cm x 22.5cm x 26.0cm.
- Colour Changing - As discussed above.
- Water Window - The large water window allows for the full effect of the changing dual colours to be seen.
- Water Gauge - The water gauge on the water window marks out 0.5L (minimum), 1.0L, 1.5L and 1.7L (maximum). It allows you to easily fill the kettle with the amount of water you require, therefore reducing boiling time and saving energy in the process.
- Limescale Filter - There's a limescale filter behind the spout which will remove impurities such as limescale. It's removable and can therefore be rinsed under a tap.
- Push Button Lid - There's a push button lid on the handle. It's conveniently placed so that when you're holding the handle, your thumb can easily reach the button.
- 360 Degree Base - There's a 360 degree base that the kettle sits on. The kettle can sit facing any angle on that base without having to move the base itself. This is good for if the kettle is to be used by left and right handed people. Having a base means the kettle is cordless, so it can be taken anywhere in the kitchen or house.
- Concealed Heating Element - Under the floor of the kettle, there's a concealed heating element. A concealed element makes the interior look much nicer, as well as making it easier to clean.
Overall a decent kettle. If you're a fan of visual effects then this kettle is most definitely for you. It also doesn't compromise on features, as the usual features modern electric kettles have are there. We rate the Tower Colour Changing Kettle 4 out of 5 stars.
View all customer reviews, check current price, or buy from amazon.co.uk: