|Price £||✅ View current price £|
|✔ Volume||1.7 Litres|
|✔ Colour||Stainless Steel|
|✔ 360 Degree Base||Yes|
|✔ Boil Dry Protection||Yes|
|✔ Heating Element||Concealed|
|Full Specification||✅ View full specification |
The Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle is a brushed stainless steel kettle made by Russell Hobbs. It is known for being remarkably quiet and fast boiling. Russell Hobbs is of course the well known and respected brand of kitchen and home appliances.
The Russell Hobbs 20460 kettle has become quite popular, primarily because it's designed to be very quiet. This is achieved through the use of a special coating on the base plate and a diffuser ring. The noise reduction is up to 75% when compared to previous models.
The kettle includes many standard features, including an easy access push button which opens the lid, boil dry protection and two water windows with a water gauge.
At a glance, the basic features of the kettle are:
As for additional features, the following are included:
1. Quiet Boil. The Russell Hobbs 20460 is known for its quietness. It essentially uses a special coated base plate and a diffuser ring to achieve this. What these two things do is reduce the size of the bubbles inside the kettle when it is boiling. With this technology the noise is reduced by up to 75% compared to previous models.
This reduction in noise comes in handy when you want a late night cup of tea without waking the entire house up. It also reduces the energy wasted by sound.
2. Boil Dry Protection. The kettle has boil dry protection. This means that if the water level drops below a certain point then the kettle will shut itself off. This ensures that the kettle will not overheat and damage itself.
3. Concealed Heating Element. The component that heats the water, known as the heating element, is hidden from view. This has numerous advantages. Firstly it means that the kettle's inside is easier to clean. Secondly, the element will not accumulate limescale. Thirdly, it improves the aesthetic appeal of the kettle.
4. 360 Degree Base. The kettle can swivel around its 360 degree base. You can therefore place the kettle back down on the base in one fell swoop, rather than have to constantly fiddle around trying to align it properly.
5. Water Level Indicator. The kettle has two windows, one each side of it. This is done so that you can see how much water is inside of the kettle. This saves you from having to open the lid every time you want to check the water level.
6. Water Filter. The Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle comes with a water filter. While it's designed to filter any particles which could potentially be in the water, its primary purpose is to filter limescale. Tap water in England for example is full of impurities so limescale builds up really quickly, making such a filter essential.
As for durability, the kettle seems to be quite sturdy. All of the external components appear to be secured firmly. Therefore the kettle is durable.
Cleaning the kettle is no problem at all. Since the heating element is hidden, the inside is easy to clean. The filter pops out and can easily be rinsed to remove any limescale. As with most kettles, the outside can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
The Russell Hobbs 20460 has a standard cylindrical shape. It also has a brushed stainless steel finish with a black plastic handle and lid. We rather like the way the two are used together as it looks rather fashionable. One feature that we particularly like is the illuminating blue ring around the bottom of the kettle which indicates whether the kettle is boiling.
Overall we recommend the Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle. Its strongest element is the fact that it's very quiet. It appears to be of high quality, and looks to be durable. It's also strong on the stylish aspect. The kettle is ideal for the home or office.