The Russell Hobbs 21600-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle is a beautifully designed kettle with a large glass chamber which illuminates blue when boiling. We love how the illumination lights up the surroundings, especially if the kitchen lights are dimmed. It also has a removable and washable spout filter, a 360 degree base and a specially designed spout to reduce splashing and spilling.
The kettle is by the globally recognised Manchester based company Russell Hobbs. They sell all kinds of home appliances including kettles, toasters, vacuum cleaners and bread makers.
We start the Russell Hobbs 21600-10 glass kettle review by discussing the technical specification of the kettle in detail. It has the following basic features:
In terms of more specialised features, the Russell Hobbs 21600-10 has the following:
1. Glass Chamber. The central feature of this particular kettle is its chamber which is made out of premium Schott glass. Having a glass chamber has two main benefits. Firstly, you can experience the oddly satisfying pleasure of watching the water boil. Secondly, and more importantly, you can easily see how much water is inside of the kettle so you can better judge how much water you actually need. Therefore it will help you save energy.
2. 360 Degree Base. The kettle sits on a circular base. It's a 360 degree base which essentially means that it can face any direction. This saves you from having to put the kettle down in the same position each time.
3. Water Filter. The kettle comes with a filter which is located in the spout. Its purpose is to remove as much limescale as possible. It's removable and can easily be washed under a tap.
4. Ideal Pour Spout. The kettle features an ideal pour spout. It has been designed so that there is only a single stream of water to reduce spilling, splashing and drips.
5. Blue Illumination on Boil. While the kettle is boiling, it will illuminate a c blue. This is done to show that the kettle is indeed boiling. It also improves the aesthetics of the kettle.
6. Push Button Release Lid. For convenience the kettle has a button which, when pressed, opens the lid. This allows for easy use and access.
7. Integrated Core Storage. The cord can be stored in the base of the kettle which makes it easier to transport and tidy away.
The Russell Hobbs 21600-10 appears to be well made and as such appears to be very sturdy. The components seem to be attached securely and nothing looks particularly prone to breaking. Maintaining the kettle is reasonably straightforward. The outside can easily be wiped over with a damp cloth, and the inside rinsed occasionally.
The Russell Hobbs 21600-10 illuminating kettle is sleek and has a standard cylindrical design. Its chamber is made of glass which is sandwiched between brushed stainless steel. The top, the handle and the spout are made out of plastic.
To summarise, the Russell Hobbs 21600-10 is a glass kettle which illuminates blue when it's boiling. It has a 1.7 litre capacity, a water filter to reduce limescale, a well designed spout, a push button release lid, a 360 degree circular base and storage space in the base for the cord. We give this kettle 4 out of 5 stars.