|✔ Price £||✅ View current price £|
|✔ Volume||1.7 Litres|
|✔ Colour||Blue Illumination|
|✔ 360 Degree Base||Yes|
The Russell Hobbs 21600 Illuminating Glass Kettle is a kettle by Russell Hobbs. Its main feature is a glass chamber which illuminates blue when it is boiling.
It also has a removable and washable spout filter, a 360 degree base and a specially designed spout to reduce splashing and spilling. I particularly like the fact that you can sit and watch the water boil.
Russell Hobbs is the manufacturer of this kettle. They are a globally recognised company based in Manchester in England. They make all kinds of home appliances including kettles, toasters, vacuum cleaners and bread makers.
We will start the Russell Hobbs 21600 glass kettle review by discussing the technical specification of the kettle in detail.
The Russell Hobbs 21600 glass kettle has the following basic features:
In terms of more advanced features, the Russell Hobbs 21600 has the following:
1. Glass Chamber. The central feature of this particular kettle is its chamber which is made out of premium Schott glass. Having a glass chamber has two main benefits. Firstly, you can experience the oddly satisfying pleasure of watching the water boil. Secondly, and more importantly, you can easily see how much water is in the kettle so you can better judge how much water you actually need. Therefore it will help you save energy.
2. 360 Degree Base. The kettle sits on a circular base. It is a 360 degree base which essentially means that it can face any direction. This saves you from having to put the kettle down in the same position each time.
3. Water Filter. The kettle comes with a filter which is located in the spout. Its purpose is to remove as much limescale (calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, etc) as possible. It is removable and can easily be washed under a tap.
4. Ideal Pour Spout. The kettle features an ideal plastic pour spout. It has been designed so that there is only a single stream of water to reduce spilling, splashing and drips.
5. Blue Illumination on Boil. While the kettle is boiling it will illuminate a bright blue. This is done to show that the kettle is indeed boiling. It also improves the aesthetics of the kettle.
6. Push Button Release Lid. For convenience the kettle has a button which, when pressed, opens the lid. This allows for easy use and access.
7. Integrated Core Storage. The cord can be stored in the base of the kettle which makes it easier to transport and tidy away.
The Russell Hobbs 21600 appears to be well made and as such appears to be very sturdy. The components seem to be attached securely and nothing looks particularly prone to breaking.
Maintaining the kettle is reasonably straightforward. The outside can easily be wiped over with a damp cloth. The inside may need special attention, especially if you live in an area with hard tap water, because limescale can build up on the glass. It is however removable with de-scaler products.
The Russell Hobbs 21600 illuminating kettle is sleek and has a standard cylindrical design. Its chamber is made of glass which is sandwiched between brushed stainless steel. The top, the handle and the spout are made out of plastic. The words 'Russell Hobbs' are embossed on the front.
To summarise, the Russell Hobbs 21600 is a glass kettle which illuminates blue when it is boiling. It has a 1.7 litre capacity, a water filter to reduce limescale, a well designed spout, a push button release lid, a 360 degree circular base and storage space in the base for the cord.
View all customer reviews, or buy from amazon.co.uk: